Scene Overview Panel
This panel shows metrics or regions for a single erg but not the cumulative sums for selected ergs, as in the Details tab.
When you load the capture file, the scene overview panel is populated immediately with the data from that file. This panel contains the following main elements:
- View Selection drop-down list
- Metrics Selection drop-down list
- Save Selected Erg(s) button
- Ergs Table with Metrics Data list
The Scene Overview Panel does not display erg timing data on tile-based rendering architectures.
Use this list to choose a view for scene layout. The following are the available views:
- Regions Only – hierarchical region view; no ergs or markers. This layout enables you to investigate blocks of ergs. However, it does not provide details of the individual ergs within each region.
- Ergs – simple chronologically ordered flat list (no nesting). This layout shows the low-level draw calls; it does not show information on where in the scene they occur.
- Full Tree (default) – hierarchical scene overview. This layout enables you to see the aggregated times of all the ergs within regions. This view enables you to understand which pass or portion of the scene is taking the most time on the GPU. You can either explicitly select these regions in this panel, or implicitly select by selecting them from the Visualization Panel.
The Intel® GPA Frame Analyzer automatically saves View Selection settings. If you exit the Intel GPA Frame Analyzer and then run this tool again, the previous settings will be used. To reset the settings to the default, go to the Edit menu > Reset Metric Selections.
Use the list to select the metric to be shown in the Ergs Table.
The Intel® GPA Frame Analyzer automatically saves Metric Selection settings. If you exit the Intel GPA Frame Analyzer and then run this tool again, the previous settings will be used. To reset the settings to the default, go to the Edit menu > Reset Metric Selections.
Use the Save Selected Erg(s) button to save all fields for all metrics to the
.csv file. If nothing is selected, data for all ergs in the frame will be saved.
By default, all saved data files reside in the user’s home directory:
under Microsoft Windows Vista* OS and Microsoft Windows* 7 OS the path is
The list columns are associated with:
Type – the line item type: either an erg, or a marker
Prim Count – the number of primitives (triangle fans, triangle strips, triangle lists, line strips, line lists, or point lists)
- Old – the original metric value
- New – the modified metric value
- Δ – absolute change between the original and modified values
- %Δ – percentage change between the original and modified values
- Variance - the variance in the metric value; to improve overall data accuracy for the metrics, Intel GPA performs multiple playbacks of the scene, and displays the sample variance for the metric
To sort by a column, click the column header. You also can re-order the columns by dragging their headers left or right.