Investigating Erg-based Issues with the Erg Advisor (Beta)
Use the new Erg Advisor functionality to find problem areas in your frame.
To find problem areas in desired ergs:
- Select the ergs you are wondering about in the Visualization panel or in the Scene Overview panel.
- Open the Erg Advisor (Beta) tab.
- Look through frame issues listed in the Investigation column and select the most interesting one.
Note that investigations that find nothing in the selected ergs are not shown in the list.
- Learn more about the selected issue in the Details panel below.
- From the Details panel:
- click Erg N hyperlinks to see the ergs in question;
- click the API hyperlink at the bottom of the Details panel to open the API Log tab and view API calls used by this erg;
- click Tab hyperlinks at the bottom of the Details panel to see views of the erg that are relevant.
- Use the Display Mode drop-down list to view the issues sorted in different ways. Display modes vary from investigation to investigation. Raw Values, Weighted Values, Frame Percent, and Top Issues are all possible display modes.
- If you have made any experiments elsewhere in the Intel GPA Frame Analyzer, use the Refresh button to update the investigations to reflect changes.
The Erg Advisor runs a set of algorithms, which search for common problems and display the ergs that exhibit suspicious patterns. The tab shows a list of the top most potentially severe instances for each type of issue.
Please note that the results are algorithmic guesses, which may or may not impact the speed at which your frame runs. The goal is to help quickly lead you to potential time-consuming issues. The Intel GPA Frame Analyzer has no knowledge of your frame time budget, so some issues may be flagged against ergs that use little GPU time. Just ignore those and move down the list.