Monitoring Media Performance Metrics in Real Time
Intel® GPA provides a new feature for performance analysis of GPU-accelerated media applications.
Start analyzing the performance of your media application from monitoring of real-time metrics:
- Click the Intel® GPA Monitor icon in the taskbar notification area and select Media Performance….
- In the Media Performance dialog box check three green bars displaying GPU utilization in real-time:
- GPU General Usage – shows the percentage of time either the execution unit (EU) or multi-format codec (MFX) of GPU was active
- GPU Execution Unit (EU) Engine Usage – shows the percentage of time the EU array was active; the table provides a breakdown of the EU utilization per media operation type (for example, video-processing , encode)
- GPU Multi-Format Codec (MFX) Engine Usage – shows the percentage of time GPU MFX was active; the table provides a breakdown of the GPU MFX utilization per media operation type (for example, decode)
Here is the description of all media operation types that appear under EU and MFX real-time bars:
Video post- and pre- processing
Non-media (3D graphic)
Creating a Media Performance Trace Capture File
Analyzing a Media Performance Trace Capture File
Introduction to the Intel® GPA Media Performance Analyzer
Media Performance Dialog Box
Layout of the Media Performance Trace Capture File