Introduction to the Intel® GPA System Analyzer HUD (Heads-up Display)
The Intel® GPA System Analyzer HUD collects and displays hardware and software metrics data from your application in real time, and enables experimentation via Microsoft* Direct3D pipeline state overrides. Use this tool to understand the high-level performance profile of your graphics application, and determine whether your application is CPU bound or GPU bound. If your application is GPU bound, you can capture a frame with a low frame rate for detailed analysis by the Intel® GPA Frame Analyzer. If your application is CPU-bound, you can use the Intel® GPA Platform Analyzer to show how the various CPU tasks within your application are being executed.
Intel® GPA System Analyzer HUD includes the following elements:
The Intel® GPA System Analyzer HUD enables you to:
- Analyze metrics
- Set metrics to be collected
- Capture frames for further analysis with Intel® GPA Frame Analyzer
- Collect real-time trace data during the application run for further analysis with Intel® GPA Platform Analyzer
- Find an exact frame in the application and capture it
- Find performance bottlenecks
Creating a Frame Capture File
Creating a Media Performance Trace Capture File
Creating a Trace Capture File
Capturing a Specific Frame in the Application
Why Would I Want to Use the Intel® GPA System Analyzer?