EUs Active in PS
The metric EUs Active in PS represents the percentage of overall GPU time that the EUs were actively executing Pixel Shader instructions.
- If EUs Active in PS is 50% it means that half of the overall GPU time was spent actively executing Pixel Shader instructions.
- If EUs Active in PS is 0% it means that no Pixel Shader was associated with the selected draw calls, or that the amount of time actively executing Pixel Shader instructions was negligible.
- This metric is important if pixel shading seems to be the bottleneck for selected rendering calls.
- If EUs Active in PS accounts for most of the EU active time, then to improve performance you may need to simplify the pixel shader.
- If EUs Active in PS is larger than you would expect and you are encountering slow rendering times, you should examine the pixel shader code for potential reasons why these stalls may be occurring.